Built in: 1618 by Ogasawara Tadazane.
In 1617, Ogasawara Tadazane was given the land of Akashi as 100,000 Koku. 2nd Tokugawa Shogun, Hidetada, ordered him to build a great castle to protect Edo from western rebellion. Therefore, this castle was also constructed by the Tokugawa Government. The main bailey, honmaru, is located on the top of the hill and other baileies and huge stone walls and moats are surrounding the main bailey. From the top of the hill, it has a great view of Sanyodo road and Set inland sea. Today, only stone walls and two keeps are remaining.
The basement of Tenshu-Kaku. Tenshukaku was never constructed.
The Stone walls
The height is about 20m tall and taking Edo style buildings.
It is also known as one of 100 best Sakura Spots.