Minakuchi shuku is the post town of Tokaido Road located in Koka, Shiga Prefecture. It is not only the post town, but also there is a castle. There fore it has both aspects of old post town and Samurai town.
Mizoguchi Castle is a flatland constructed in 1634 by Tokugawa Iemitsu. In the time of the 3rd Tokugawa Shogun, Iemitsu built this castle when he traveled to Kyoto. However, after that, Shogun never used this castle again. In 1682, Kato Clan became the castle lord of this Minakuchi castle and became the lord of Minakuchi domain. Today, there is a moat and a the main gate of the castle reconstructed as the historical museum.