Myorakuji Temple is Tendai Buddhism Temple which established during the early Edo period. There is no exact record of the establishment of this temple, but it appears in record of 1672. The current temple was built in 1788.
Ajisai of this temple was planted by the former priest.
Myorakuji was established the ruins of Ikoji Temple which was built by Zensei, the brother of Minamoto no Yoritomo, to protect Kamakura from Kimon direction.
The principal image of Myorakuji is Amidanyorai-sanzon. It was made in 1545.