Built in: 1592 by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
Toyotomi Hideyoshi built this castle for after his retirement. The construction started in 1592 and finished in 1597. Hideyoshi died at this castle. After Hideyoshi's death, Hideyori, the son of Hideyoshi, moved to Osaka Castle, and Ieyasu moved Fushimi Castle.
During the battle of Sekigahara in 1600, Torii Motodata, samurai of Ieyasu, protected this castle. However, he was defeated by Ishida Mitsunari, and the castle was burn down.
Fushimi castle was reconstructed by Ieyasu in 1602, and abandoned in 1619. Most of the buildings are removed to many other castles and temples. The garden and some palaces were moved to Kodaiji and Entokuin by Nene, the wife of Hideyoshi.