Daibutsu Kiritoshi is one of old 7 entrance to Kamakura. There is no historical record when this pass was constructed. Because Tokiwa House of Hojo Clan is located out side of Kamakura, and considering the period of Asahina Kiritoshi, and Kobukuro Kiritoshi were constructed, Daibutsu Kiritoshi was constructed around 1241 to 1250.
In 1333, when Nitta Yoshisada attacked Kamakura, this pass was one of the battle field.
The pass changed the route little in Edo period. It still remains the original structure of pass and entrance Kiritoshi. It shows the road of Kamakura period, well.