Yakushi Pond Park was used to be a pond of Yakushido Temple which built in 729 by Priest Gyoki. The pond became a part of Fukuoji Temple during Edo Period. It was used to be 126m wide 50m long, but in the Hoei Eruption of Mt. Fuji in 1707, the pond was covered by its ash.
Current park was established in 1961. There are many flowers and trees which make all season enjoyable for all visitors.