Built in: 14th century
Kutsukake Catle appears in the record of 1325. Because Kutsukake is located on the road of Kamakura, it was a very important site for long time. During Muromachi period, Kondo clan was lord of the castle until the Sengoku Period.
In the middle of 16th century, Oda Nobunaga, feudal lord of Owari, started invading Mikawa and Kutsukake Castle became under control of him. However, in 1551, Nobuhide died and Kutsukake caslte turned to Imagawa Yoshimoto, who is the feudal lord of Suruga, Mikawa and Toutoumi.
In 1560, Imagawa Yoshimoto raised 25,000 army and moved Kutsukake castle. After the battle of Okehazama and the death of Yoshimoto, this castle was given to Yanada Masatsuna who had the first distinguished service in Okehazama. In 1575, Yanada moved Kaga, and Kawaguchi Hisasuke became the lord ot Kustukake Castle.
In 1600, Kawaguchi joined Seigun at Sekigahara, and lost. His castle was taken by Date Masamune and the castle was abandoned.
The size of Kutsukake castle is 288m by 234m. Has two baileys with moats. It is very big castle for those period. Those ruins remains almost the original shape.