Minobusan Kuonji is the head of Nichiren Buddhism. It is located in Minobu, Yamanashi Prefecture.
Priest Nichiren practiced at Mt Minobu and built a small temple in 1274. Since then, Nichren had never left this temple for 9 years and practiced until his last days. In 1282, Nichiren left to visit the grave of his parents at Mito, Ibaraki. On the way of his worship, he passed Ikegami, Tokyo. He was 61 years old. He told his students that buried him at Mt Minobu and built Konji as the head of Nichiren Buddhism. Since then, it is the top of Nichiren Buddhism and many people still worship Kuonji.
San mon Gate
The main gate Built in 1907.
287 steps 104m high built in 1632.
Goju no Tou
5 stories pagoda built in 2008.
The main hall
It was built in 1988. The size is 32m wide and 51m deep.
The Large Bell
The bell was mad in 1624.
Built in 1881.
Haiden of Goshinkotsudo
Worship temple for the grave of Nichiren.
Built in 1877.
Kanro mon Gate
Built in 1868.
Official Web Site: http://www.kuonji.jp