Built in: late 14th century.
It was used to be a castle of Ujiie clan. In 1591, Date Masamune was moved to this castle. After 12 years, Masamune moved to Sendai and he gave this castle to his 4th son, Muneyasu.
The castle was surrounded by deep moats, and has 3 layers of baileys. The size of the castle was 800m x 700m.
Those moat and dirt-hills still remain.
There is a statue of Masamune.