Shingu Castle

Get the Flash Player to see this video.


Shingu Castle (新宮城) is a hilltop castle located in Shingu, Wakayama. It was built in 1648 by Asano Tadayoshi. Shingu Castle is also called Tanzuru Castle. After the battle of Sekigahara, Asano Tadayoshi, the samurai of Asano Yoshinaga, became the lord of Shingu, and built this castle. In 1615, this castle was abandoned, but rebuilt in the same year. In 1633, Mizuno Shigenaka, the lord of Shingu at that time, completed the castle.

Tourist Info.
There is a parking.

0. at Shingu Station.
1. walk north (5 min.)

MLJ dalamdi toko online

peta sekitar Shingu Castle

Detailed Travel Guide

Type: Hilltop.
Built in: 1618 by Mizuno Shigenaka.
Class: Ruins.

The structure: On the top of the hill, there is the main bailey and Tenshukaku. West side of the Honmaru, there are Kagami bailey. On the north side that face to Kumano river, there was a port. Shingu was importing Bincho charcoal to Shogun.