Ouchi-Juku is a great Edo Style town located in Shimogo, Fukushima Prefecture. It was built in 1640. This post town was used to be a post town of Nikko Road. During the Edo period, it was used for Daimyo Parade. Also, many travelers used this road.
Today, there are still 50 traditional houses that are about 300 years old in this town. The road is about 450m long. Many of houses are still in use as a house and open as shops and restaurants. About 1 million visitors visit here every year.
In winter, this road will be completely covered with snow.
Official Web Site http://ouchi-juku.com/