Built in: 1634 by Tokugawa Iemitsu.
After the battle of Sekigahara in 1600, this land was owned by Tokugawa Shogun, and they built Minakuchi post town here. In 1634, 3rd Shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu built this castle for his overnight hotel for Shogun. It was just like Nijo Castle in Kyoto. However, this castle was never used again. In 1682, Kato Clan became the castle lord of this Minakuchi castle and became the lord of Minakuchi domain. This castle was abandoned at the Meiji Restoration.
The main bailey was shaped almost the square and has the extra bailey for the main entrance. This main entrance is still remaining today and gate and keep are reconstructed, and today they are used as the historical museum.